Dakota Fanning is an American actress and media personality. She rose to fame in 2001 because of her excellent performance in the drama movie “I Am Sam” in the role of Lucy Dawson. Subsequently, she appeared in movies like War of the Worlds, Man on Fire, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and many more.
Besides being an actress, Dakota is a successful model, who has walked for various fashion designers and lingerie brands. She has amassed millions of followers on social media platforms Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well. To know more about Dakota’s life, career, family, affairs and achievements go through the full article.
|Birth Place||Conyers, Georgia, U.S|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1994|
|Age in 2020||26 Years|
Dakota Fanning Age, Height and Weight
As per her date of Dakota Fanning’s age is 26 years. Her height is 5’ 7” and weight is approx 59 kg. Dakota is an attractive and gorgeous girl with blonde hair and grey eyes.
View this post on InstagramAdvertisement
Dakota was born and raised in Georgia, the U.S in a Christian family along with family members and siblings. Her father is Steven J. Fanning and her mother is Heather Joy, a tennis player. She has a younger actress sister named Elle Fanning.
- Dakota began her career in commercials at the age of 5. Later in 2001, at the age of 7, she made her acting debut in a short drama film “Father Xmas”. In the same year, she appeared as a child artist in a sex comedy movie “Tomcats”. Her major role came in the 2001s movie “I Am Sam” as Lucy Diamond Dawson. Dakota’s excellent performance in the movie was praised and appreciated by the audience and critics. She won the Broadcast Film Critics Association for her role in “I Am Sam” and many more nominations for other awards.
- With the rising fame in the movie industry, she worked in various successful movies such as The Cat in the Hat, Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time, Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch, War of the Worlds, The Twilight series, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and many more.
- In addition to this, Dakota has been part of various tv shows such as The Fighting Fitzgeralds, Justice League Unlimited, The Alienist, and Gen: Lock. She has been on the cover of famous magazines such as Elle, Vanity Fair, and others. In 2015, she walked in the opening ceremony of Fashion Week New York S/S.
Awards and Achievements
- Dakota won the Broadcast Film Critics Association, Las Vegas Film Critics Society, Satellite Awards, and Young Artist Awards of 2001 for her work in “I Am Sam”. Besides this, she received several nominations for different awards.
- In 2005, she won the Locarno International Film Festival and MTV Movie Awards in the best actress category for her role in Nine Lives and hide and Seek.
- Dakota, in 2009 received the Young Artist Awards and Palm Springs International Film Festival awards for her work in The Secret Life of Bees and many nominations for different awards.
- Between 2018-20 Dakota received nominations in the Saturn Awards, Satellite Awards, and Screen Actors Guild for her excellent work in “The Alienist and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” respectively.
Boyfriends and Affairs
Talking about Dakota’s personal life, she was in a relationship with Jamie Strachan, a model but they separated due to personal reasons. In 2018, Dakota began dating Henry Frye. although, her current relationship status is known.
As of now, in 2021 Dakota’s net worth is estimated to be more than $12m. Her sources of income are acting, commercials, brand endorsements and other business ventures.