Gillian Anderson is an American actress, producer, writer, and media personality. She is renowned for her fabulous acting in various movies such as The Turning, The X-Files, The X-Files: I Want to Believe and This Changes Everything. For exceptional work in movies, Gillian has received two Golden Globe Awards, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Besides movies, she is also known for her plays like Absent Friends, A Doll’s House, and All About Eve. Other than this, Gillian has been part of various humanitarian works. On various social media platforms, she has garnered millions of followers on Instagram, she has more than 1m followers. To know more about Gillian’s career, height, husband, net worth and son go through the full article.
|Birth Place||Chicago, Illinois, U.S|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1968|
|Age in 2020||52 Years|
|Profession||Actress, writer and Producer|
Gillian Anderson Age, Height and Weight
As per her date of Gillian Anderson’s age is 52 years. Talking about her physical appearance Gillian’s height is 5′ 6″ and weight is approx 59 kg. She is an attractive and gorgeous woman with blonde hair and brown eyes.
View this post on InstagramAdvertisement
Gillian was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S along with her family members and siblings. Edward Anderson III, a businessman was her father and a computer analyst, Rosemary Alyce was her mother. Further information about Gillian’s siblings is not available as of now.
- Gillian began her acting career in 1983 with a theater play Arsenic and Old Lace as Officer Brophy in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Subsequently, she appeared in several plays such as A Flea in Her Ear, Absent Friends, The Philanthropist, and The Vagina Monologues.
- With rising to little fame in 1986, she made her movie debut with a short film named “Three at Once” as Woman 1. Her fame came in 1998 when she was cast as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully in a crime suspense movie named “The X-Files’. The movie was successful and gave immense popularity to her due to her exceptional work in the movie.
- Gillian appeared in the lead role in several successful movies such as The House of Mirth, The X-Files: I Want to Believe, Johnny English Reborn, The Spy Who Dumped Me. Her upcoming movie is “White Bird: A Wonder Story” where she will be playing the role of Vivienne Beaumier.
- In addition to this, Gillian has worked in several popular tv shows such as The X-Files, Hollywood Squares, Great Expectations, Sex Education, and The Crown. Her upcoming show is based on the first lady of American Eleanor Roosevelt named “The First Lady”.
Awards and Achievements
- In 2006, Gillan received a nomination in the BAFTA Tv Awards for “Bleak House” in the Best Actress in the Television category. In the same year, she received the Broadcasting Press Guild Awards for the same show.
- She has received two Golden Globe Awards out of six nominations in 1997 for “The X-Files” and in 2021 for “The Crown” in the best actress category.
- Gillian in 1996 won the Saturn Awards for The X-Files and in the following year received the Primetime Emmy Awards for the same movie.
Boyfriends and Affairs
Talking about Gillian’s personal life, previously she was married to Clyde Klotz and has a daughter named Piper with him. Due to personal reasons in 1997 both separated. Later in 2004 Gillian married Julian Ozanne, an actor. Unfortunately in 2007 both got divorced citing personal reasons.
As of now, in 2021 Gillian’s net worth is estimated to be more than $36m. Her sources of income are acting, writing, producing movies and other business ventures.