An American actress producer, and writer by the name of Karyn Parsons. Her most well-known performance is from the 1990–1996 television sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” in which she played Hilary Banks. She started acting in the late 1980s and became well-known for playing the wealthy and conceited Hilary Banks on the hit series.
Following “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” Parsons had appearances in a number of movies and television programs, such as “Major Payne” (1995), “Melrose Place,” and “Lush Life.” But she progressively redirected her attention away from acting and toward other artistic pursuits. She established Sweet Blackberry, a nonprofit organization, in 2005 with the goal of educating youngsters about little-known episodes in African-American history through animated movies.
Biography / Wiki
Karyn Parsons was born in Los Angeles, California, on October 8, 1966. She grew up in an artsy and creative family. Her mother, Louise Hubert Parsons, was a librarian, and her father, Kenneth B. Parsons, was a professor of photography.
Early on, Parsons became interested in acting, and she started taking theatrical classes while still in school. She continued to pursue her love of performing while attending Santa Monica High School. She continued her education at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) after receiving her diploma, where she majored in film and television production.
Karyn Parsons Age
As per Karyn Parsons’s date of birth, her age is 56 years (as of now, in 2023).
Karyn Parsons Height and Weight
Karyn Parsons’s height is about 5 feet 6.5 inches and her weight is approximately 54 kg.
Parsons started her acting career in the late 1980s, winning small parts in programs including “The Bronx Zoo” and “CBS Summer Playhouse.” But in 1990, she got her big break when she was given the role of Hilary Banks in the sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” Alongside Will Smith, Parsons played the role of the conceited, fashion-obsessed cousin, giving the part personality and charm. The program was a huge hit that ran for six seasons and propelled Parsons to fame.
Parsons entered the movie industry while working on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” She made an appearance in the comedy-drama “Class Act” in 1991, and she later acted with Damon Wayans in the military comedy “Major Payne” in 1995. Parsons’ work in films demonstrated her range as an actress, even though she was most known for her part in the sitcom.
When “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” came to an end in 1996, Parsons made the decision to pursue other artistic endeavors. She established the nonprofit organization Sweet Blackberry in 2005 with the goal of educating youngsters about little-known episodes in African-American history through animated movies. Parsons promoted diversity and cultural understanding while educating and inspiring young audiences.
Parsons created a number of animated movies through Sweet Blackberry that provided insight into important people and occasions in African-American history. “The Journey of Henry “Box” Brown” (2005), which recounts the true tale of a slave who mailed himself to freedom, is one of the organization’s noteworthy efforts. The movie was praised by critics and exhibited at several film festivals. Other movies in Sweet Blackberry’s catalog include “Garrett’s Gift” (2007) and “Dancing in the Light: The Janet Collins Story” (2009). The company has continued to create entertaining and informative content.
Parsons has pursued writing and producing in addition to her work with Sweet Blackberry. “How High the Moon,” a children’s book she wrote in 2001, examines racial and identity difficulties in the Jim Crow era. The book’s compelling writing and impactful ideas earned it rave reviews.
Parsons has worked as a producer on a variety of film and television projects. She created and oversaw the production of the independent film “The Job” (2009), which went on to win numerous accolades at film festivals, including the Hollywood Black Film Festival’s Audience Choice Award.
Karyn Parsons has worked tirelessly to promote diversity and representation in the entertainment sector. She has made use of her position to promote discussion on significant social issues as well as forgotten tales from African-American history. She has gained acclaim and affection for her commitment to advancing cultural awareness and education.
Kenneth B. Parsons and Louise Hubert Parsons are the parents of Karyn Parsons. Her mother Louise worked as a librarian, while her father Kenneth was a professor of photography. They both made a big contribution to developing Parsons’ artistic passions and advancing her career.
Karyn Parsons has kept her private life quite quiet, so unfortunately not much is known about her siblings. She may not be dating anyone publicly but may be seeing someone in private, and details were not made public yet. So it’s probably not safe to jump to conclusions. If we found any news related to her lovelife, we will immediately let you know.
In 2003, Karyn Parsons wed filmmaker Alexandre Rockwell. They have a son, Nico, and a daughter, Lana, together. Moreover, there is less data available related to her love life. If we found more details related to her personal life we will let you know in the upcoming days.
- Karyn Parsons hails from Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- She is best known for her role as Hilary Banks on the popular sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” which aired from 1990 to 1996. Her portrayal of the materialistic and fashion-obsessed cousin of Will Smith’s character garnered her widespread recognition.
- Parsons attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where she studied film and television production. Her education in this field likely contributed to her later involvement in producing and writing projects.
- In 2005, Parsons founded the non-profit organization, Sweet Blackberry. The organization produces animated films that aim to educate and inspire children by sharing little-known stories of African-American history.
- Through Sweet Blackberry, Parsons has produced several animated films, including “The Journey of Henry ‘Box’ Brown” (2005), “Garrett’s Gift” (2007), and “Dancing in the Light: The Janet Collins Story” (2009). These films shed light on important historical figures and events.
- Parsons wrote a children’s book titled “How High the Moon” (2019), which explores themes of race and identity during the Jim Crow era. The book has been well-received for its engaging storytelling and important subject matter.
- Parsons is known for her advocacy work in promoting diversity and sharing stories from African-American history. She uses her platform and creative endeavors to raise awareness and encourage dialogue on important social issues.
- After her acting career, Parsons shifted her focus to producing and writing. She has been involved in various projects, including developing and producing the independent film “The Job” (2009).
- Parsons has kept her personal life relatively private, and there is limited information available about her personal relationships and family.
Karyn Parsons is an American actress, producer, and writer. How rich is she? As per our research and data available on the internet. It is said that Karyn Parsons’s current net worth as of now, in 2023 is estimated to be between $1.5 million.
A big portion of her income comes from her profession as an actor, producer, writer, commercials, brand promotions, and business ventures. As her career is active, it can be expected that her net worth will increase in the upcoming days.
|Karyn Parsons Instagram
|Karyn Parsons TikTok
|Karyn Parsons YouTube
|Karyn Parsons Twitter
|Does Karyn Parsons, Consume Alcohol?
|Does she, Smoke?
|Does she, Drive?
|Does Karyn Parsons, swim?
|Does she know cooking?
|Is she a Yoga Practitioner?
|Is Karyn Parsons a Jogger?
Who is Karyn Parsons?
An American actress, producer, and writer by the name of Karyn Parsons. She was born in Los Angeles, California, on October 8, 1966. In the well-known comedy “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” which ran from 1990 to 1996, Parsons rose to stardom as Hilary Banks.
Her portrayal of Will Smith’s character’s humorous and fashion-obsessed cousin gained her great notoriety and made her a well-known figure in the entertainment sector.
Is Karyn Parsons married?
Karyn Parsons is married to her husband Alexandre Rockwell.
What is the age of Karyn Parsons?
The age of Karyn Parsons is 56 years ( as of 2023).
When is the Birthday of Karyn Parsons?
Karyn Parsons’s birthday is on October 8, 1966.
What is the Zodiac Sign of Karyn Parsons?
The Zodiac Sign of Karyn Parsons is Libra.
How tall is Karyn Parsons?
Karyn Parsons is 5 feet 6.5 inches tall.
Where is Karyn Parsons from?
Karyn Parsons is from Los Angeles, California, U.S.
How much is the net worth of Karyn Parsons?
The net worth of Karyn Parsons is estimated to be around $1.5 million.