Natalie Portman is an Israeli-American actress, director, producer, and media personality. She is renowned for her Academy Awards winning performance in the 2010s physiological horror movie “Black Swan”. Further, she has won the Golden Globe Awards for the romantic drama “Closer”.
Besides being an actress, Natalie is a Harvard University graduate with a degree in psychology. She began her acting career at the age of 12, as a young protégée in an action and drama movie “ Léon: The Professional” of 1994.
In addition to this, Natalie is an animal and child rights activist. She turned vegetarian at the age of 8 and vegan in 2009. In various relief work, especially in Africa, Natalie donated several million for poverty control and education. She has been the ambassador of Hope for FINCA International. To know more about Natalie’s life, career, family, affairs, and achievements go through the full article.
|Birth Place||Jerusalem, Israel|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1981|
|Age in 2020||39 Years|
|Profession||Actress and media celebrity|
|Nationality||Israeli and American|
Natalie Portman Age, Height and Weight
As per her date of Natalie Portman’s age is 39 years. Her height is 5′ 7″ and weight is approx 61 kg. She is a gorgeous and attractive woman with blonde hair and brown eyes.
Natalie was born and raised in Jerusalem in an Ashkenazi Jewish descent family. Her father is Avner Hershlag an Israeli and her mother Shelley is an American national. She is the only child of her parents.
- Natalie began her career at the age of 12, as a young protégée in an action and drama movie “ Léon: The Professional”. Her exceptional work in the movie was appreciated by the critics and various newspaper editors.
- In 1999, she cast as Padmé Amidala for Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. The movie was a commercial blockbuster and it collected more than $924m worldwide and became the second-highest grosser. Since then, Natalie has received recognition around the world as a global actress. In 2002, she appeared in the Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
- Natalie in 2004 appeared in a romantic drama film “Closer”. Her excellent performance in the movie got her first nominations in the Academy Awards in the Best Supporting Actress category. The movie was commercially successful.
- In 2010, she was cast in the lead role for a physiological horror movie “Black Swan”. Her excellent performance was rewarded with an Academy Awards in the Best Actress category. Subsequently, Natalie appeared in some highest-grossing movies such as Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Illusions & Mirrors, Anywhere but Here, Jackie, and many more.
- In 2016, she appeared in the lead role of Jacqueline Kennedy in a biographical drama movie “Jackie”. Due to her amazing performance, Natalie was awarded with the Golden Globe Awards in Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama category.
Awards and Achievements
- Natalie received her first Academy Award nomination in 2005 for the romantic drama movie “Close”. In 2011, she received her first Academy Award for an excellent performance as Nina Sayers in a physiological horror movie “Black Swarm” in the best actress category.
- In 2010, she received the Austin Film Critics Association for the same movie in the Best Actress category. In the same year, the Boston Society of Film Critics Award honored Natalie for the movie “Black Swarm”.
- She received the Chicago Film Critics Association in 2016 for her amazing performance in the biological drama movie “Jackie”. In 2016, Natalie was honored with the Israel Film Festival awards for her contribution to the cinema. Subsequently, she received various other awards for her movies and activism.
Boyfriends and Affairs
Talking about Natalie’s personal life, she has been married to dancer and celebrity Benjamin Millepied since 2012. They are blessed with a son, Aleph in 2011 and a daughter Amalia 2017.
As of now, in 2021 Natalie’s net worth is estimated to be more than $90m. Her sources of income are acting, commercials, tv shows, brand endorsements and other business ventures.